With everything in bloom, you may have noticed that your allergies are starting to irritate you. But did you know that the inside of your home—where you’re supposedly safe from pollen and allergens—could be making it worse? What many homeowners don’t realize is that a dirty HVAC system could be the culprit for repeatedly exposing you to dust, dirt, pollen, allergens, and other debris.
If you’ve never cleaned your air ducts or it’s been a long time, you may want to consider hiring a professional duct cleaning in order to improve your indoor air quality.
The Benefits of Air Duct Cleaning
We all want our homes to be the safest place in the world for our families. It’s why we lock the doors at night and check to make sure everything is in tiptop condition. The air quality inside your home is no different. Failing to clean your air ducts regularly can lead to a large buildup of dust, dirt, and allergens that can keep recycling their way through your HVAC system, making you and your family susceptible to illness, allergies, and a decreased air quality.
Besides improving the air quality inside your home, there are many benefits of duct cleaning, including the following:
- Eliminate most allergens
- Eliminate most odors from dust build up
- Increase the efficiency of air conditioning units
- Save money on future repairs by increasing the efficiency of your air duct system
- Potentially lower your energy costs
- Disinfect the air ducts with an EPA registered antimicrobial
The Air Duct Cleaning Process
Unsure of how the air duct cleaning process works? Here’s what you can expect with a professional air duct cleaning from Kiwi Services.
- A thorough cleaning of the HVAC unit, squirrel cage, fan, and all the accessible air handling components in the furnace.
- A removal and hand washing of vent covers.
- A thorough vacuuming of individual ducts to remove dust, ash and other debris.
- An application of the antimicrobial treatment throughout the system to disinfect.
- Cleaning of the surrounding vent areas.
- A Reinstallation of the vent covers.
- A cleaning and replacing of your filter or installation of your electrostatic filter
Interested in having your air ducts cleaned and disinfected? Kiwi Services has been cleaning HVAC systems for over 30 years, and we are experts in our field. Let us help you lower your energy bills, increase your air quality, and keep your home feeling fresh for years to come. Schedule a duct cleaning with Kiwi today!
Tagsappliance cleaning baking soda bathroom bathroom cleaning bathtub carpet cleaning clean home cleaning cleaning blog cleaning diy cleaning supplies cleaning tips dish soap DIY diy cleaning dryer easy eco friendly glass cleaner green green cleaning green cleaning tips green living Holidays home & garden home and garden home care home cleaning Hydrogen peroxide Kitchen laundry Living Room microfiber mildew Soap spring cleaning stain removal Stains Tips tutorial vacuuming vinegar washer water wax