A Guide to Fall Cleaning
It’s the first day of fall and with fall comes fall cleaning. It’s the time to finally cleaning up all of that summer dirt that we let build up. Summers here in Texas are very dry, thus we have lots of dust that settles everywhere. Fall cleaning will help make spring cleaning much easier by reducing the amount of dust, dirt and gunk in the home. So, KIWI has created The Lazy Guide to Fall Cleaning, the ten things you should consider cleaning for fall.
- Wash bedding: Those summer blankets, sheets, pillows need to be washed, especially if you’re putting them into storage for next summer.
- Rotate or flip the mattress: Now is also a good time to deodorize your mattress by sprinkling baking soda over it, wait 20-30 minutes and then vacuum it all up. This will also help to remove the excess dead skin and other gross things living in the mattress.
- Clean your curtains: You’ll be surprised at how much dirt and cobwebs can collect in your curtains over the summer. Either wash them according to the care tag or thoroughly vacuum them to remove the excess dirt and dust.
- Wash pillows: Even decorative/throw pillows need to be washed if they are used frequently. Wash per instructions.
- Professionally clean the furniture: To keep your furniture in great shape, get it professionally cleaned by KIWI to remove damage causing dirt particles, body oils, and food. This is especially important if you have pets, husbands or children because they always bring mysterious stains and smells to the couch.
- Dust ceiling fans: You’d think that since they’ve been running all summer that no dust would collect on them but unfortunately, this is untrue. Get out a pillowcase or microfiber duster to banish fan dust.
- Windows: During the fall, homes can feel extra dreary with dirty windows mottling the precious sunlight. Clean the windows, tracks and check the weather stripping to ensure your home stays bright and warm.
- Clean vents: Now is also a great time to clean your vent covers and check your air ducts. Air ducts do not need to be cleaned regularly but it is good to check the potential dust levels and get a professional air duct cleaning if there is a large amount of build up.
- Clean your carpets: You can get your carpets professionally cleaned by KIWI. As you families may be spending more time inside with the cold weather, now is the perfect time to get rid of any dirt buildup in the carpet as dirt causes more damage to carpet than foot traffic.
- Clean the baseboards: Baseboards collect everything. Start by vacuuming them with a brush attachment then wipe them down to get rid of any stubborn dirt. After they’re clean, you can try rubbing them down with a bounce sheet to keep them looking clean longer.
From the hustle and bustle of summer, some of these chores have been forgotten and fall is a great time to catch up. We suggest fall cleaning because of the new allergy season coming and having a clean home can help reduce your symptoms. Dirt attracts dirt, so if you have less of it, the less you will attract. Here is a free fall cleaning printable for your fall cleaning needs.
Download the printable here or click on the image.
You might also like