Ten Cleaning Blogs You Should Know About
To say that the Internet has changed the way we do everything would probably be the understatement of the century, but it really has. We go to the Internet for every type of advice, from “what should I have for dinner” to “what should I write my next paper about.” And with the recent surge of interest in the new social media network, Pinterest, we can visually see our projects come to life and our to-do lists growing larger because of all the amazing creativity and inspiration that’s out there. Pinterest has also given a rebirth to the blogosphere, especially those of us in the home/ garden/ cleaning/ organization blogging category.
So in celebration of all that, I’m going to give you a list of my favorite cleaning and organizational blogs, to inspire the rest of you like they’ve inspired me.
• Clean Mama: I would love to see this woman’s house, because I’m sure it is completely flawless. In addition to giving amazing cleaning tips and funny anecdotes about her family, she also sells these fantastic printables. These printables have checklists for everything from groceries, bills, parties, and anything else you can imagine.
• Cleaning Up the Clutter: This blogger gives great tips and tricks on how to keep a clean house with three boys. I love her style of humor and motivational blogs that inspire you to pick up a broom and feather duster.
• The Pioneer Woman: Anyone who’s into blogging can tell you that Ree Drummond is an inspiration, not only in her blog, but as a brand-builder. Ree is a city girl who fell in love with an Oklahoma cowboy, and tells us all the details of her life out on the prairie. Ree gives great tips on cooking, cleaning, organizing, raising kids, and also takes some pretty amazing photographs.
• The Clean Sweep’s Housekeeping Blog: Who better to give cleaning advice than a cleaning pro? The Clean Sweep blog gives advice from the experience of the experts.
• The Happy Slob’s Guide to Housecleaning: This blogger gives an honest portrayal of what it’s like to keep a clean house in the 21st century. She’s hilarious and gives great tips to those who just can’t find the motivation to clean up their home.
• Apartment Therapy: Although this is technically not a blog per se, it gives some great advice to urban dwellers to make great use out of their small spaces.
• A Slob Comes Clean: Join this blogger on her journey to de-slobification. Her quirky writing style and useful tips will have you laughing all the way to a clean house.
• Clean & Scentsible: This mom of two has a great sense of style and shares her organized home and project ideas for all of us readers.
• 30 Minute Martha: Who wouldn’t want to be Martha Stewart? (Especially if it only takes 30 minutes. ) This blogger gives us short-cut versions to being the domestic goddess that we all envy with tips on cleaning, organization, cooking, and everything else in between.
• Clean, Smart, Simple: We all wish our lives could be exactly these three adjectives, and Alexis shows us how. I especially loved her “Clean Spaces” gallery.
• iHeart Organizing: This blog is beautiful in an of itself. Her ideas are inspirational and make you want to take a trip to the Container Store.
Do you have any favorite blogs? I would love to read some of your go-to places in the blogosphere.