St. Patrick’s Day is tomorrow, and it gave me a little inspiration to write about some ways to go green inside your home. I’ve already given you some suggestions for making some green cleaning products, but it’s always helpful to know some little tips to help “green up” your life.
1. Cut down on junk mail. In addition to clearing some space in your home, this is a great way to be more environmentally friendly. To get your name off most junk mail lists, go to https://www.dmachoice.org/dma/member/regist.action and start managing your mail.
2. Unplug cell phone chargers when they’re not in use. Although it’s a good habit to start unplugging all of your appliances while not in use, cell phone chargers can be the worst.
3. Use cloth napkins instead of paper napkins or paper towels. This can contribute to a whole lot of waste, so go with the old standard of wiping and cleaning.
4. Take a lesson from these ladies and put on a sweater when you’re cold, instead of turning up the thermostat.
5. Use the right sized pots for your burners. If you use too big of a pot or pan on a small burner, it will take too much energy to heat it up all the way. (Plus, who wants to wait that long?)
I hope you have fun celebrating green tomorrow during St. Patrick’s Day, and for more info on how KIWI goes green, click here.
Tagsappliance cleaning baking soda bathroom bathroom cleaning bathtub carpet cleaning clean home cleaning cleaning blog cleaning diy cleaning supplies cleaning tips dish soap DIY diy cleaning dryer easy eco friendly glass cleaner green green cleaning green cleaning tips green living Holidays home & garden home and garden home care home cleaning Hydrogen peroxide Kitchen laundry Living Room microfiber mildew Soap spring cleaning stain removal Stains Tips tutorial vacuuming vinegar washer water wax